Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Cornice Window Treatment

I chose to place an upholstered cornice for the 96" long kitchen/dining window.  For quite some time I was thinking I would make a Roman Shade for this window.  But upon the suggestion of Sherilyn  who came to the house from Abbot's Blind & Window Fashion, Canton, OH, I went with an upholstered cornice.  I could still install pull down shades (perhaps those Solar Shades?) under the cornice.  However, we do like the natural light that comes in from this window and will leave it like this for now. The geometric pattern of diamonds in the fabric accents nicely with the diamond pattern of the way the porcelain tiles were set in the kitchen back splash. I must say that I have in all the 49 years sewn my own window treatments, be it valances, drapes, curtains, shades. Thinking it would be neat to have a decorator stop by and take a look after all, 'no obligation' for the them to come into the house. I called in this gal from Abbot's and she brought along all these beautiful fabrics and had all these wonderful suggestions --- I was at the stage in this remodeling project -- I just wanted to GET IT DONE.  So in a crazy spending moment I signed on and had the professionals do it for me.  
CLICK on the picture collage below to enlarge:

No comments:

Post a Comment