Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Greatest Sink Ever!

Can't say enough about my choice of a Blanco Diamond Series 60/40 double bowl Silgranit sink.  These are granite composition sinks. Tough, mar-proof, and with the lovely color choices they can coordinate well with counter tops and appliances.  I have just never been a fan of stainless steel sinks.  In time, I have seen them look scratched and dull and show water marks.  Since I had chosen all the other appliances in stainless steel, I thought this brown color would go well with our HanStone Bavaria quartz.  I priced these sinks locally, but they were priced much higher than I could buy it from www.Build.com.  It was shipped very fast and very securely packed, arriving in perfect condition.  I did order from them the accessory, two stainless steel sink racks. They are made to fit perfectly. These are wonderful.  Love the little 'feet' on the bottom of the rack, it keeps the water draining away.  I can set into the sink a hot pan, and this rack helps prevent damage, though these silgranit sinks are very heat resistance to begin with, the rack is just a nice thing to have in the bottom. The center cut-outs are nice too when I need to reach in to remove the strainer basket.  I also ordered the color matched drain baskets. I am very happy with having a deep and large sink. (The left-side one is lower and slightly bigger).  It's great that I can put a large skillet, long handle and all, right on down into the sink.  And so handy that my very large wooden cutting board fits too, making it easy to rinse it off. 
So here she is:





No comments:

Post a Comment